Welcome to Flesherton, Grey Highlands
About Flesherton, Grey Highlands
Welcome to Flesherton which is located in the Municipality of Grey Highlands. With a population of approximately 700 people, Flesherton makes a wonderful year-round home or a great vacation destination.
Although many would not expect it, Flesherton is a strong art and history-loving community with several art galleries and antique shops decorating the town’s streets. In the summer, Lake Eugenia is conveniently located minutes away making it the perfect day trip for swimming, paddling, boating, and fishing. Eugenia Falls and Hogg’s Falls are two gorgeous local waterfalls with lovely hiking trails that are great for the whole family to enjoy as they are not too difficult. For the winter months, many local residents enjoy downhill skiing at the Beaver Valley Ski Club which is only a 10-minute drive away.
Spring, summer, fall or winter, Flesherton has lots to explore and enjoy outdoors!
April Grey Highlands Real Estate Market Report
In the Municipality of Grey Highlands, 16 new residential properties came on the market in April, one fewer than in March, and down 24% over April 2021. Just like in each of the first 3 months of 2022, 11 homes sold in Grey Highlands in April. 20 homes were sold in April 2021, a drop of 45% this year over last. The listing to sales ratio in the Municipality of Grey Highlands remains as it was in March, 60-40 in favour of listings. The average sale price for a home in Grey Highlands regained much of the ground it lost in March, improving by 11%, to just below $950,000 for April.
École MacPhail Memorial Elementary School – Flesherton
Beavercrest Community School – Markdale
École Grey Highlands Secondary School – Flesherton
Kimberley Library & Kimberley Memorial Hall – Kimberley
Flesherton Public Library – Flesherton
Walter Harris Memorial Library – Markdale
Centre Grey Recreation Complex – Markdale
Kinplex – Flesherton
Stothart Hall – Priceville
Grey Bruce Health Services (GBHS) – Markdale
Flesherton Family Practice Clinic – Flesherton
Flesherton Pharmacy – Flesherton
History of Flesherton
First settled in 1853 by the town’s namesake William Kingston Flesher, it was because of his service during the Fenian Raids of 1866, that the town was renamed Flesher’s Corners and then later Flesherton. Mr. Flesher established a post office, at the intersection of the Toronto-Sydenham and Durham roads, which became the first building in the area. He operated a grist and saw mill on the Boyne River which aided in the development of the community. Mr. Flesher was also Reeve of Artemesia and Warden of Grey County, and in 1872 was elected (re-elected 1874) Member of Parliament for the riding of East Grey. It was 1854 when Aaron Munshaw built the infamous Munshaw House…